Searching for the perfect Vegas wedding venue? Little Vegas Wedding has got you covered with the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue Guide!
Sam’s Town Hotel + Gambling Hall
5111 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas | 702.454.8020
Capacity: 100 max for Observation Deck Ceremony, Up to 700 for Ballroom Ceremony and Receptions | Indoor Sites Only | Hosts: Ceremonies + Receptions
Find Sam’s Town on Twitter | Facebook
Just the Deets
This locals casino and hotel with a mildly kitschy Old West/stampede theme is about 20 minutes off the Strip. It offers the standard range of somewhat drab hotel meeting rooms and function spaces, but what makes it really special is the 25,000 square foot atrium called Mystic Falls Park. It’s a toasty (nearly tropical, as in the winter when I visited) indoor setting with a lot of natural light and a patio that overlooks the half acre of waterfalls and trees of the park below from the second level. The overlook is available for ceremonies starting at $350 for up to 100 people.
Catering is done in house with pricing starting at $25+ for plated meals, $34+ for buffet style, minimum 50 guests. Cash or hosted bar available, with $250 minimum. There are restaurants on site, but they are mostly casual chains.
- Definitely the observation deck wedding ceremony spot overlooking the 10 story tall atrium full of waterfalls, trees, walkways and woodland themed adventure park. Some might find it tacky, but I found it somewhat charming. Guess that depends if you stick around for the laser light show and animatronic animals or not.
- The pricing is quite attractive
- A bride mentions on a review site that she was permitted to set up her own chairs and covers the night before her ceremony
- Fun Fact: Sam’s Town provided the name for the second album by Vegas band The Killers
- Boulder Highway is a fair jaunt off the Strip, it might be best to stay at Sam’s Town or nearby, or fork out for transportation
- The ceremony site is exciting, but the reception offerings are not that spectacular
Photos: Sam’s Town, myself