For East Coast couple Zay and Dean, a Vegas elopement was just the thing. Hosting a small guest list inside of the quaint chapel at Cactus Joe’s Nursery was everything they dreamed of. It captured their relaxed earthy vibe in amazing surroundings and even had enough room to host a Champagne toast after.
To say the chapel at Cactus Joe’s is unique is an understatement. Located on the edge of town where streets and desert mesh, this working garden center has an amazing array of desert plants and animals … and the cutest damn chapel I’ve seen in Vegas so far. It’s one-of-a-kind in a town full of incredible venues.
McKenzi, Zay and Dean’s wedding photographer fills us in on the mood there:
Distressed wooden accents and decorative metal surrounded the wedding chapel where vows were exchanged and fewer than 20 guests witnessed this intimate event at sunset. Zay’s choices of subtle gold accents with white made a statement, from her bridal headpiece and fingernail polish all the way to the couple’s wedding favors: dreamcatchers, made by the bride.
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Taylored Photo Memories
CEREMONY VENUE . Chapel at Cactus Joe’s Las Vegas Nursery
OFFICIANT . Ceremonies by Janet / FLORAL . A Garden Floral / BRIDAL FASHION . ModCloth / HAIR + MAKEUP . Smooth Brides / TRANSPORTATION . Earth Limos & Buses / HEADPIECE . VividBloom
Mary and Christian brought a touch of country in the desert for their El Dorado elopement. Mary looked amazing rocking those boots and flower crown for the ceremony and fit in so perfectly with the eclectic, whimsical charm of the venue. Simple, stunning, secret.
How amazing is that stained glass/giant tree altar by the way?
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Jenna Ebert Photography
CEREMONY VENUE . El Dorado Canyon
OFFICIANT . Weddings for Eternity / BRIDAL FASHION . dress – David’s Bridal, shoes – Boot Barn / FLOWER CROWN . LoveLikeStyle / HAIR + MAKEUP . Concierge Makeup / GROOMSWEAR . Louis Thomas
In my time writing about Vegas weddings, I’ve occasionally heard about families who are not that supportive of the couple’s decision to host an untraditional or destination wedding. But today’s couple, Jessica and Jason? Jessica’s mother was fully on board with a Vegas elopement. To her, the proof was in the pudding: she herself had eloped and was married for 48 years!
Jessica and Jason’s Red Rock Canyon elopement was a mix of fun and romantic. The gorgeous venue at Calico Basin was down-to-earth, and in fact is a spot the couple has enjoyed hiking in the past. And driving out there in a sportscar kept it fun and exciting and a little bit Vegas-y.
The couple paid tribute to Jessica’s parents’ marriage by replicating a photo taken at their 1966 elopement just ahead of going out to protest President Johnson’s arrival in their town. Their wedding photo is of the two of them holding a “Make Love Not War” sign and their special flower has always been a yellow rose, a flower incorporated into Jessica and Jason’s floral details.
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Taylored Photo Memories member of the LVW photography directory
CEREMONY VENUE . Calico Basin at Red Rock Canyon
RECEPTION VENUE . House of Blues Las Vegas
OFFICIANT . The Mobile Minister / FLORAL . Gaia Flowers / CAKE . Freed’s Bakery / BRIDAL FASHION . dress – Nicole Miller, jewelry – Rent the Runway / HAIR . Robert Cromeans Salon / TRANSPORTATION . Corvette Stingray, Enterprise Exotics
If you are on the fence about marrying in the desert near Las Vegas at any of the spectacular natural venues available (ie., Red Rock Canyon, Grand Canyon and so on) today’s wedding will push you over the edge, solidly into the “We have to do that NOW” camp.
A few months back, Cactus and Lace Weddings approached me to help promote a contest they were running for a couple get married at a styled wedding at the Valley of Fire. Dozens of you entered, but ultimately Canadians Dawn and Scott won the package. The pair flew down with their daughter and other loved ones for their intimate November elopement and cake and champagne reception surrounded by a gorgeous desert setting.
From the palette drawn from Mother Nature to the succulent-adorned floral designs and the vintage wood furniture paired with touches of lace, your heart will be racing and you will be feeling the lovvvve in this little family. Longing for your own stylish wedding set in the heart of an amazing natural area? Read more about desert weddings here or check out the packages Cactus and Lace Weddings now offer. A stylish desert elopement … with none of the stress.
WHY LAS VEGAS?
Scott and I met five years ago. He is in sales and I am a firefighter in Toronto. We have a small daughter together. We both have a love for Las Vegas and try to go at least once or twice a year. During our first trip there together, we rented a car and drove out to the Grand Canyon, but in the back of my mind I thought to myself “How cool would it be to get married/elope out here in the desert?”
When I saw the contest listed on Little Vegas Wedding, I just had to enter it but I never thought a girl from Canada would win. I was so surprised and shocked when I heard from the girls at Cactus & Lace that I had actually won!
THE CEREMONY + RECEPTION
I can’t say enough about how amazing the entire experience was. I had a Skype conversation and many emails back and forth with Cactus & Lace but never in my wildest dreams would have ever imagined the experience would be as perfect as it was. When we pulled up to the ceremony site my eyes welled up. Everything was absolutely perfect.
The girls at Cactus & Lace listened to everything I said and as a result totally nailed my vision and my taste. The ceremony was just as we both wanted it to be: personal, non-denominational and quick :)
The photos are breathtaking and I have three new friends who helped to create one of THE most memorable days of my life.
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Cactus and Lace Weddings
CEREMONY + RECEPTION VENUE . Valley of Fire
OFFICIANT . Pastor Jason Ham / WEDDING STYLING . Cactus and Lace Weddings / FLORAL . The Front Porch Flowers & Gifts / CAKE . Gimme Some Sugar / HAIR + MAKEUP . Brandy Norris Hair / TRANSPORTATION . Presidential Limousine / RENTALS . Cactus and Lace Weddings
UPDATE: The contest is now closed. Dawn and Scott, a pair from Canada have won the package. Congratulations!
I can’t hold it in anymore! I’m have a super exciting announcement for you today: Little Vegas Wedding is sharing a huge Valley of Fire wedding package giveaway from Cactus and Lace Weddings. It’s the biggest contest I’ve promoted on the site to date, and I’m so happy to be working with the team at Cactus and Lace, their work is stunning.
If you have been dreaming of a desert wedding, keep reading, you could win your wedding!
Cactus and Lace specializes in intimate, stylish weddings in places where such a wedding is not normally possible, like the spectacular Valley of Fire. They provide a personalized wedding ceremony package for you as a couple, setting you up with floral design, wedding photography, an officiant, a post ceremony celebratory cake all in a stylish setting. They strive to provide a stress-free, all-inclusive modern wedding experience.
However, this is not your basic Vegas package wedding. Cactus and Lace combines the look of those amazing styled wedding inspiration shoots you see on your favorite wedding blogs with a real wedding. Props and decor are used by their professional stylists and wedding designers to make your wedding a little more fancy, and a little more personalized.
So you can have your wedding ceremony in a special setting, but also get that pretty, romantic look you might have been hoping for in your photos. That’s something the big chapels and companies won’t give you!
Want proof? Check out these amazing photos from other styled events Cactus and Lace has designed and photographed:
And — drum roll please — Cactus and Lace Weddings has very generously offered to give away a stylized wedding ceremony for one couple and up to five guests at the Valley of Fire.
You can read more about the fantastic desert scenery at Valley of Fire in this previous post, but the take away is that it’s Nevada’s oldest state park, just over an hour from Las Vegas. Amazing sandstone rock formations and gorgeous colors await, in an unforgettable natural setting. It’s a very popular location for adventurous couples looking for something away from the neon of Las Vegas for their elopements!
If you have been dreaming about a Valley of Fire desert wedding, now is your chance to have one planned for you, for free! What’s included in the Cactus and Lace prize wedding package valued at approximately $3,600?
- Luxury transportation from Las Vegas for the couple and up to five guests for the one hour trip to Valley of Fire
- A minister to provide your intimate outdoor wedding ceremony and exchange of vows
- Your choice of wedding site at Valley of Fire state park: Seven Sisters, Rainbow Vista, the Visitor’s Center or The Cabins
- Designer floral bouquet of fresh flowers courtesy Front Porch Flowers
- Decor and design for the wedding site chosen by you from three options with custom color and design elements
- Comprehensive photography coverage of the ceremony from two photographers
- A post-ceremony cake celebration, cake provided by Gimme Some Sugar
All you would need to provide is transportation to Las Vegas and accommodations if necessary, a valid marriage license, your wedding day outfits and hair and makeup if desired.
Following your two-hour event at Valley of Fire, you are whisked back to Las Vegas where you can continue celebrating with your new spouse and your bridal party!
Please send an email to kelly AT littlevegaswedding DOT com with answers to the following questions before August 21, 2014:
- Bride and groom’s full first and last names
- The city you live in
- Contact info: phone number and email address
- How you met one another
- Why you would like to get married at Valley of Fire and the date you would prefer
- Which location you would like for your Valley of Fire wedding: Seven Sisters, Rainbow Vista, Visitor’s Center or The Cabins
- What you like most about each other
Contest Rules + Regulations:
- THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
- Contest closes: Midnight (EST) on August 21, 2014. Entrants must answer the supplied questions via email before then
- This contest is open to international entrants, however any travel fees to Las Vegas are the responsibility of the couple and their guests
- The winning wedding date must take place between October 1 2014 and February 28 2015. Date subject to availability
- Couple marrying must both be over the age of 21
- Wedding may only take place at the state-approved locations at Valley of Fire
- The couple marrying will need to provide the following things themselves: transportation to Las Vegas, a marriage license, their wedding day attire and hair and makeup if desired
- Winner will be chosen at random from the entries received and notified via email within a week of contest closing date
- Copyright of publicity will belong to Cactus and Lace. Wedding photos may be featured on wedding blogs and sites in the future
- Cactus and Lace reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value should the prize be unavailable. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and there is no cash value
- Package includes: transportation to and from Las Vegas to Valley of Fire and five guests, state park wedding permits and entry fee, wedding day photography, flowers, minister, cake and event design. Total prize value: approximately $3,600