There is no denying that food trucks have driven into our hearts (and bellies) and taken over the the streets the past few years. These mobile kitchens can be spotted in large and small cities across North America – indeed, the world – serving up delectable morsels to hungry mouths everywhere. And what does this have to do with weddings in Las Vegas? Well, everything.
If you are hosting a casual backyard wedding, looking for a memorable late night snack at your reception or just have a hankering to have your favorite food truck star on your wedding’s menu, you’re in luck. Here is a list of dozens of food trucks currently operating in Las Vegas who are ready, willing and able to appear at your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, or other event.
Many of these trucks can appear most locations, with the exception being The Strip – special rules often apply to properties there, so check with the individual food truck if you are dead set on them making an appearance.
And if they can’t appear with the truck (although that is where the magic is, isn’t it?) almost all of these trucks can do on-site catering, if the food is the only thing you’re after. If there is something special you are hoping for on your menu, most trucks and chefs will work to provide special items for your event.
Want to do a sampling? Find out where the truck is appearing that week (Twitter is great for this) or attend the Vegas StrEATs Festival, a gathering of cool music, artists and of course food trucks in downtown Vegas every second Saturday. Many of the trucks listed below make regular appearances. You know, for research purposes only.
Curbside Cafe (www.CurbsideCafeLV.com) is a gourmet food truck that operates in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. They do cater and specialize in special events like weddings, birthdays and more. Many of the events they’ve appeared at have been at private homes as well as rented spaces or other facilities. Their food truck is self contained but can also do on-site catering where the truck is the delivery vehicle.
- Serving Up: Their fresh diner style selections are very diverse from burgers and salads to tacos and hot dogs, with the Mediterranean menu most popular with weddings. However, Curbside has a wedding booked for later in the year with a 1950s diner theme, including costumes for the truck staff and a special themed menu – so they are definitely flexible!
- Costs: Per person cost starting at $8.75 for 50 and more people, plus a two hour minimum appearance fee
Sin City Snoballs
Sin City Snoballs (www.sincitysnoballs.com) is ready to appear at special events throughout the Vegas valley! Although there are some regions along The Strip where they need an invitation or on site event coordinator to appear, they can and have shown up just about anywhere.
- Serving Up: Cool treats like Baltimore style snoballs, gourmet flavor ice cream float snoballs and ice cream sandwiches plus sweet hot desserts like 41 flavors of fresh mini donuts alongside seasonal beverages like Belgian haute chocolate and organic mulled apple cider. They offer a standard menu, but are also constantly creating new items and with enough time, can come up with custom items for your event.
- Costs: It’s $200 for the first hour (with a 1 hour minimum) and then $100/HHR afterwards for Spring/Summer and $300/$150 for Fall/Winter. It is an all-inclusive fee, which means that guests can get whatever they want from our menu during the time of service.
WTF (Where’s The Fire) Pizza
WTF Pizza Food Truck (www.wtfpza.com) is available for catering any type of occasion and event! They charge per person pricing and that is determined based off the items the host chooses. Two styles of service are offered: buffet style & “food truck style” where the guest order directly from the truck, which can appear anywhere the 25×10 foot trailer and mobile pizza oven can fit! Tent service is also available.
- Serving Up: Wood fired pizza with gourmet ingredients from a standard menu, but willing to accommodate special requests and menus
- Costs: Varies; per person pricing, typical service is 2 hours with 2 staff members
Sauced (www.saucedvegas.com) pairs delicious global inspired street eats with awesome sauces. The truck can and has appeared at Strip properties, outside of town or anywhere else in and around Las Vegas. Catering options include the truck, or off site preparation with on site delivery.
- Serving Up: “Unique street food” in the likes of sliders, Korean tacos and deep fried rice balls, as well as BBQ and vegetarian options. They have also worked to create special menus for events
- Costs: Varies; per person cost
Rollin’ Smoke BBQ
Rollin’ Smoke (www.rollinsmokebarbeque.com) is a restaurant that has a trailer providing the finest in southern style BBQ at various events.
- Serving Up: Slow cooked and smoked chicken, pork, sausages and brisket, plus sides from set menus
- Costs: A pitmaster, smoker on a trailer and food starts at $11.99 a person up to 50 people. Add $150 for an onsite grill and pitmaster for four hours.
Melteez (www.melteez.com) is a gourmet grilled cheese truck – my kind of food truck!
- Serving Up: Warm grilled cheese creations on bakery fresh bread. Combos can be made to order or per menu, with premium fillings like lobster, provolone and turkey
- Costs: Catering starts at $10 per person
Ben’s BBQ (www.sincitytrucks.com/bensbbq) is 100% self contained unlike a standard caterer. Events from 50 people to thousands of people can be handled and they have been onsite all the major Strip properties and carry everything required in terms of insurance and approvals to appear there.
- Serving Up: BBQ classics like 10 hour smoked brisket, 12 hour smoked pork, ribs, burnt ends and more, with special sauces and a variety of traditional BBQ sides. In addition to their standard menu, Ben’s BBQ works with clients to make special menus for their events, such as whole pig roasts or specific sides or items. They also work with clients that have larger events and need more than one truck.
- Costs: Per person cost, depending on the menu chosen
Sin City Dogs
The Sin City Dog truck (www.sincitydogs.com) is not your typical hot dog truck. They can appear anywhere, and are more than willing to create a special menu to cater your event.
- Serving Up: Custom hot dogs in unusual flavor combos with home made sauces.
- Costs: $8.50 a person, minimum 50 people
Grouchy John’s Coffee
Coffee is such a nice way to cap off a lovely meal – so why not bring it to your wedding? Grouchy John’s Coffee (www.grouchyjohns.com) is a mobile coffee shop with all the trimmings. There are not any restrictions to where the little mobile cafe can serve as long as they have permission from the property to be there. They can also setup inside for any catering needs, and have already appeared at a few weddings in the area!
- Serving Up: Hot drinks such as teas, chais, hot chocolates and all kinds of coffees and cold drinks like smoothies, frappes and iced beverages. They are open to special requests, as well.
- Costs: Grouchy John’s have a simple pricing scale. They charge for the amount of a specific range of drinks. So if you want 300 drinks at your event, the quote will be for that number of drinks. No additional appearance fees, but there is an included 18% gratuity and deposit required.
Sin City Wings
Sin City Wings (www.sincitytrucks.com/sincitywings) can do events to cater 50 people to thousands of people. They have been onsite all the major Strip properties and carry everything required in terms of insurance and approvals for an appearance there.
- Serving Up: Wings, and all kinds of them at that. Hot, spicy and fruity sauced wing feature along side sides like crinkle cut fries and fried pickles and onion rings. They even do dessert wings and deep fried treats. In addition to their standard menu, Sin City Wings works with clients to make special menus for their events. They also work with clients that have larger events and need more than one truck.
- Costs: Per person cost, depending on the menu chosen
And here are some more food trucks in the area that currently offer special events catering, but did not respond to my requests for pricing information before I published the article.
Contact them individual for costs and menu options, but here is an introduction to more of the best in Las Vegas food trucks:
- A Breast of Vegas A truck that serves up chicken in all forms – salads, sliders, strips and more!
- Bad Ass Coffee of Hawaii Another mobile cafe, this one serving up Kona coffee, and all sorts of hot and cold beverages, included Hawaiian shave ice
- Care Free Serves cafe favorites like sandwiches and burgers as well as Mexican
- Chi Town Hustler Truck with a Mob inspired menu – perhaps perfect for a Mob Museum wedding? Features Italian sausages, meatball sandwiches and deep fried ravioli
- The Chuckwagon Las Vegas Home style cookin’ right off the grill featuring bison and turkey burgers, elk sausage and more!
- Coast 2 Coast Deli Offers hot, fresh sandwiches and waffle fries for a sweet finish
- Desert Ice – Fresh juices, frozen into icy treats – and soft pretzels, too.
- Dragon Grille Mobile Asian fusion rice bowls and tacos in a variety of flavors
- Fuku Burger Japanese inspired hamburgers
- LBS Patty Wagon This food truck ONLY appears at special events, but has a brick and mortar location: LBS Burger Joint at Red Rock Casino. The food truck menu features boozy shakes and unique burgers with sides like zucchini fries, firecracker shrimp and Philly cheesesteak egg rolls
- Lola D’s Kitchen A mobile poutine truck also serving up healthy cuisine
- Oso Ono Shave Ice Truck Hawaiian-style shave ice with all the (sugar free, homemade) trimmings! Catering starts at $500 for 2 hours of unlimited shave ice combinations.
- Rika Arepa Express Hot Venezualan arepas, for vegetarians and carnivores alike, filled with quesos, seasoned meats and fresh veggies.
- Roamin’ Dough This trailer serves handheld pockets of pie goodness, with savory and sweet fillings alike.
- Sausagefest Gourmet sausages in all kinds of styles including Creole, Moroccan and Polish to name a few. And don’t call it a hot dog truck! :)
- Senor Blues A food truck serving up organic Tex Mex classics like nachos, burritos and taco sliders
- Sheff’s Kitchen This mobile food trailer serves up diner and soul food like hot dogs, Philly cheese steaks and chicken and waffles
- Slidin’ Thru Food Truck Serving 9 kinds of mini-burgers, aka sliders, plus fries and shakes
- Slow Cal BBQ Ribs, pulled pork and all the BBQ favorites at this new Vegas transplant
- Soul Food Cafe Express Healthy and light soul food options
- the spot to eat Handmade gourmet burgers & chicken sandwiches, Korean BBQ tacos, bacon wrapped hot dogs, dollar tacos, loaded fries & weekly specials. Something for everyone!
- Wa Da Pho Truck Asian fusion cuisine like Vietnamese bahn mi subs, Korean bulgogi buns and pho inspired nachos.
Did I leave out your favorite truck? Tell us about it in the comments!