Every Monday this year we are highlighting a unique Vegas wedding venue in the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Guide series! Today it’s the modern marvel MEET Las Vegas!
MEET Las Vegas
233 South 4th Street, Las Vegas | 702.734.6338
Capacity: Up to 500 | Indoor + Outdoor Sites Available | Hosts: Ceremonies + Receptions
Find MEET on Twitter | Facebook
Just the Deets
Located just a few blocks from the thriving downtown area around Fremont Street, the super-modern MEET Las Vegas is an innovative event and meeting space that hosts wedding ceremonies and receptions. There are three different spaces available for weddings:
- Ground Floor: accommodates up to 300 seated guests, while smaller lobbies accommodate groups of up to 50.
- Pavilion: located on the ground floor, MEET’s open air pavilion is an amazing spot for both ceremonies and receptions for up to 270 guests. The pavilion has the option to be tented.
- 2nd Floor: ballroom provides additional space for a ceremony or reception. Bridal quarters are also on this floor. The main ballroom hosts 180 guests, divisible into smaller spaces for groups of 50-100 guests.
The venue fee is begins at $2000 per level. Catering is all inclusive, pricing beginning at $140 per person with plated or buffet options and all packages include an array of perks like: a cocktail hour with butler passed hors d’oeuvres, custom wedding cake, open bar, upgrades like fog walls, custom linens and more.
- The complete flexibility and technical abilities of the space, making it a perfect choice for modern weddings and commitment ceremonies. Amazing lighting, sound, video technology can help your event go flawlessly, and built-in rigging makes decor and event design a snap for your wedding planner. Endless lighting options are possible inside and outside of the building and neat additions like photo slideshows on TV screens around the venue are available.
- I’ll admit that I am completely captivated by the exterior of the building, which is extremely colorful. If you look down 4th Street, you are likely to see it. The lighting changes with certain holidays and events, including green and gold for St Patrick’s Day, pinks, green, lavender and yellow for Easter, blue and white for United Nations day and red for World AIDS day. The entire building sparkles for the New Year!
- The pricing and seemingly infinite customization of packages are unbeatable
- Ground floor access also makes it a great choice if you want to have food trucks show up at your reception!
- Parking is an additional cost for guests
- Catering is offered in-house but the site does have a built-in kitchen and accepts external catering with approval
Searching for the perfect venue for your Las Vegas wedding? Be sure to check out the other posts in the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue series, or peruse the Vegas Wedding Venue Directory!
All photos courtesy MEET Las Vegas
It’s been a while since I did a venue roundup on the blog, so here are 7 more modern venues to consider for your Vegas wedding. Some are on Strip, some are off Strip so there is a good selection, and a range of budgets represented.
Be sure to check out the first part of this list: 8 Ultra-Chic, Modern Vegas Wedding Venues.
1. Avant-Garde at The Wedding Chapel at ARIA
The color theme of the secluded chapel at ARIA is mostly neutral paired with rich purple draping and touches of wood and metallic detailing throughout. Rich fabrics and design the chapel feel like an extension of the sleek modern hotel it is within. The bridal suite and grooms ready room feature little treats like huge LCD TVs, pool tables and wet bars. Not only does this chapel host the latest in modern decor, it’s also technologically advanced and is LEED Gold certified for environmental sustainable practices.
You could get married in the exclusive one-wedding-at-a-time chapel, or choose to say your vows at a variety of other sophisticated venues including amongst the contemporary glass art at the Chihuly Gallery, in the cozy spa Fireside Lounge or infront of the Buddha statue within the north lobby glass contained atrium.
2. Contemporary Elegance at Silver Sky Chapel at The Quad
There are actually two chapels within the Silver Sky Chapel, Skyline and the smaller Sierra, but it’s the Skyline that features more modern decor. Dark wood floors with seating for 80 combined with custom uplighting (in several color options like green, red and blue) projected onto white voile draping give it a contemporary air at a budget price.
Something to keep in mind is that The Quad is a hotel that has been undergoing major renovations since 2012, and there may still be construction going on there through to 2014.
3. Total Flexibility at MEET Las Vegas
MEET, an extremely flexible event space downtown just a few blocks from Fremont Street is often used for conferences and meetings. However, they also do wedding bookings, both ceremonies and receptions. The best feature is its complete versatility and advanced built in technology and features.
You can choose to hold your wedding in a ground or second floor venue, or in their outdoor pavilion. Sleek concrete floors and an unimaginable selection of customization from the latest in audio, lighting, draping and aisle and seating arrangements make this space the perfect base to begin planning your dream event.
4. Modern Miami Vibe at Tropicana Las Vegas
Tropicana opened in 1957, but was recently renovated to give it a more updated, chic Miami South Beach feel, and this extends to the chapel as well.
In addition to the cute little beach house style chapel, Tropicana has expansive gardens with waterfalls and pools as well as wedding arches nestled amongst the foliage, enhancing the tropical feeling. There are three official locations for weddings: the Island Chapel seats up to 100 guests, and outdoor locations Island Arbor and Island Courtyard hold 30 and 150 guests, respectively. Weddings are also possible in conference rooms.
This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a modern wedding location that is on Strip and on budget.
5. Nature Inspired at Red Rock Resort
Red Rock Resort and Casino, located quite near to its namesake Red Rock Canyon, reflects the natural beauty of the mountains and geology in its design. Desert colors of warm ochres, ambers and oranges paired with natural materials give it a modern warmth.
Weddings can be set up in modern conference rooms or ballrooms, or on the outdoor patio venue that offers stunning views of the nearby mountains. There’s also the fabulous 180 Suite for a personal ceremony with an expansive view of Red Rock…
6. Unexpected Chic at MGM Grand
Although I would be hard pressed to call the busy wedding chapels at MGM Grand ‘modern’ (they’re more 1990s to me) venues at MGM Signature, the sister property, offer a variety of modern indoor and outdoor wedding setups.
The poolside Terraza, set against the mirror glass of the conference center, hosts 100 guests while smaller venues like the spa water wall feature at MGM Signature host up to 30 at standing ceremonies only.
7. Modern Zen at Wynn Las Vegas
With the proliferation of microblogging and social media in our everyday lives, there may be nothing more modern than absolute privacy. Although the regular chapels and gardens at Wynn Las Vegas have a refined exclusive feel, I think their newest ceremony option to get married in the Tranquility Hall inside the Encore Spa is ultra modern.
The ceremony, called the “Zen” package, actually takes place during off hours inside the main foyer of Encore’s Spa, which has an Eastern theme with Buddha statues, golden Moroccan inspired decor and plush Persian carpets. There is only enough room for a handful of guests to take part in your ultra exclusive elopement, making it a once in a lifetime memory for all involved.
Be sure to check out the first part of this list 8 Ultra-Chic, Modern Vegas Wedding Venues. Or if those do not fit the bill, review personal photos and reviews of over 50 other unique Vegas wedding venues on The List.