When I started Little Vegas Wedding nearly three years ago, I was unemployed. Very, very unemployed. (Not to mention discouraged and depressed).
I threw my life and passion into growing the site and spent hours coding and writing and designing and well…you get the idea. LVW has grown by leaps and bounds and I’m so happy and so grateful to be at the point I’m at today.
Two of my goals were also accomplished: one was to create an amazing resource, and goal two was to develop my skills enough to land a job. Something I am proud to say I finally did this past fall.
Paired with a long-ass commute (seriously, I spend nearly three hours a day in my car) this demanding new job consumes much of my day, leaving me to scrimp and scrounge time to work on the site (along with my other freelance writing gig) when I can on weekends. It doesn’t help that I’m learning so many cool things that I’m DYING to incorporate into the site, either.
Although I have a huge backlog of amazing weddings (and way too much email to ever read, I’m so sorry if yours in in the hopper — I have some from March I have yet to open!) ready to share from now through the summer, I just haven’t found the time to get them up just yet. But, I promise I will! Perhaps at a snail’s pace, but I’m dying to share these ones, so I will get to them, eventually. And when they come, they will come fast and furious. So hang in there, baby.
LVW is still my passion and so, so fun: thank you for making it so by sharing your beautiful weddings and even more amazing wedding stories. Your love is my love, and I feel so honoured at being allowed to peek in at your lives.
So no, I’m not on hiatus. And no, I can’t afford a virtual assistant or intern or housekeeper (but lord would I love to have one, or all three) I’m just doing things on my terms and trying to feel as guilt-free as I can about it.
In any case, thank you for bearing with me as I try to juggle a work-life balance. We just marked the five year anniversary of our Vegas wedding. It was low key and I loved it. Currently I have a birthday cake for Mister M in the oven and a side of pork in the slow cooker … and it’s 90 minutes past my bedtime. But I needed to write this.
I’ll see you real soon. I promise. Don’t believe me? Check out this sneak peek from a post coming up…
Photo by the always amazing JamieY Photography.
The end. I’m dead (tired).
Spring: that time of the year when the sun hangs a little longer in the sky, the days are warming and the brides and grooms get a little busier.
I’m sure your agenda is packed with planning if you are having a summer or fall wedding, but there is a must-attend event going down in Las Vegas on Sunday, March 1 at Bally’s: the Las Vegas Perfect Wedding Guide Wedding Show.
From 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm that day, more than 60 of Las Vegas’s most experienced and welcoming wedding professionals will be on hand to meet you and answer your questions.
Ultimate Planning Experience
Las Vegas Perfect Wedding Guide aims to create the ultimate wedding planning experience for couples. This one day event is an invaluable resource when it comes to planning your
wedding. Multiple Las Vegas wedding venues, florists, DJs and photographers will all be on hand in one event-filled afternoon.
Readers of LVW can get in for just $3 if they use the code LittleVeg (tickets are regularly $10 at the door!) Get more information on the vendors and use the code to purchase your tickets at las-vegas.pwgshows.com.
Prizes + Surprises
Of course, it’s not a bridal show without prizes and freebies. One lucky couple will win a three night/four day stay at any all-inclusive Palace Resort in Mexico, compliments of A Travel Desk.
Other prizes include catering and DJ packages, all valued at $500 or more. Every bride or groom attending will also receive $1,000 in PWG Bucks to use on vendors participating in the show. And the first 100 lucky attendees will receive a complimentary event tote bag stuffed with goodies from show vendors!
No matter what stage of wedding planning you’re in, the PWG Wedding Show has something for you. Every pre-registered bride/groom will receive a $200 gift card to SymbolizeIt.com to use toward wedding prints, customizable wooden frames, guest books and signature cake toppers.
It’s sure to be an awesome afternoon watching the latest in wedding wear at the fashion show. Bring your bridal party and try cocktails, complimentary appetizer and cake samples; gather inspiration for tablescapes and floral designs; and sample tons of freebies like photo booth pics or hair and makeup looks.
Perfect Wedding Guide Wedding Show Details
Meet more than 60 amazing Las Vegas wedding vendors
Sunday March 1, 2015
Ballys Las Vegas, 3645 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Register here (Don’t forget to use “LittleVeg” for $3 tickets!)
Vendors will include:
Photos in the post by Neon Sun Photography, courtesy Perfect Wedding Guide. This post was sponsored by Perfect Wedding Guide Las Vegas.
Two tickets to paradise? Well, almost. You have to pay your own way to get to Las Vegas, but once you are there, Flora Pop Weddings and gaby j photography promise to take good care of you and get you hitched in a wedding contest they are hosting.
Enter to win a super stylish elopement package — the contest ends tonight, in just a few hours. It’s as easy as heading here for the details, and sending an email, so get on it!
Photos: gaby j photography
Little Vegas Wedding is kicking off 2015 with an incredible wedding contest, y’all! I won’t waste any time before jumping into the awesomeness of today’s wedding giveaway. You probably already know about the amazingly stylish and retro-mod Vegas weddings that Flora Pop provides judging by the number of emails I get about them. But now it’s your chance to win one!
Flora Pop combines the convenience of a Strip chapel wedding with all the modern style and customization that you wish the chapels had. Victoria Hogan, the floral designer and officiant behind Flora Pop shows up to your wedding with “The Teardrop” in tow.
This retro-fantastic trailer modelled after a 1950′s Kenskill creates a beautiful backdrop for your spontaneous, stylish Vegas wedding. It even comes complete with custom neon signage (reading “Sure”) for the perfect finishing touch and just the right amount of Vegas cheese.
Victoria and Flora Pop specialize in intimate, modern weddings in places where such a wedding would not normally be possible, like the retro backdrop of classic downtown Vegas motels or the quiet beauty of the desert.
They provide a personalized wedding ceremony package for you as a couple, setting you up with floral design, wedding photography, an officiant and even post-ceremony celebratory doughnuts, all in a stylish setting. Their pop-up weddings combine the fun of an impulsive elopement with contemporary design that will allow you to show your personality as a couple.
Flora Pop is also very excited that Nevada now allows same-sex marriage and is open to marrying all couples. If you are seeking a vintage-style elopement that is a little more customized, a Flora Pop wedding may be for you!
Flora Pop has very generously offered to give away a stylized wedding ceremony for one couple and up to two guests at a secret location in Las Vegas.
If you have been dreaming about deliciously modern Vegas elopement, now is your chance to have one planned for you, for free! What’s included in the Flora Pop prize wedding package valued at approximately $1,700?
- A wedding ceremony at a surprise location in Las Vegas chosen by Flora Pop and gaby j photography, with up to two guests
- A minister to provide your intimate outdoor wedding ceremony and exchange of vows
- Teardrop trailer as an altar and for photo opportunities
- A bouquet of fresh flowers for the bride and boutonniere for the groom designed by Flora Pop (or, as same-sex marriage is now legal in Nevada, two bouquets and two boutonnieres, as required!)
- One hour of photography coverage of the ceremony from gaby j photography
- Celebratory doughnuts from Pink Box Doughnuts
All you would need to provide is transportation to Las Vegas and accommodations if necessary, a valid marriage license, your wedding day outfits and hair and makeup if desired.
Please send an email to kelly AT littlevegaswedding DOT com with answers to the following questions before January 16, 2014:
- Bride and groom’s full first and last names
- The city you live in
- Contact info: phone number and email address
- How you met one another
- Why you want a Vegas wedding
- The date you would prefer
- Why a Flora Pop wedding is perfect for you!
Contest Rules + Regulations:
- Contest closes: Midnight (ET) on January 16, 2014. Entrants must answer the supplied questions via email before then.
- This contest is open to international entrants, however any travel fees to Las Vegas are the responsibility of the couple and their guests.
- The winning wedding date must take place between January 19 2015 and June 30 2015. Date and prize subject to availability.
- Couple marrying must both be over the age of 21.
- Wedding location will be determined by Victoria Hogan of Flora Pop and Gaby of gaby j photography.
- The couple marrying will need to provide the following things themselves: transportation to Las Vegas, a marriage license, their wedding day attire and hair and makeup.
- Winner will be chosen at random from the entries received and notified via email within a week of contest closing date.
- Copyright of publicity will belong to gaby j photography and Flora Pop. Wedding photos may be featured on wedding blogs and sites in the future.
- Flora Pop reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value should the prize be unavailable. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and there is no cash value.
- Photography includes all photos edited, retouched on a disc including copyrights. Sharing on social media is permitted but cannot be sold to a third party. Winning couple will receive photos 6 to 8 weeks post-ceremony.
- Package includes: transportation to and from Las Vegas to the wedding site for the couple and two guests, one hour of wedding photography, flowers, minister, doughnuts. Total prize value: approximately $1,700.
All photos by gaby j photography
If you have been waiting to get married in Vegas, now’s your chance! Las Vegas Gay Visitors Bureau and Evolve Vegas NYE just let me know that they are giving away four wedding ceremonies on New Year’s Eve this year.
This wedding contest celebrates the fact that all couples can now marry in Nevada, and includes a crazy New Year’s Eve celebration and ceremony in front of thousands of people. Definitely not for the shy!
The ceremony will be held at the stroke of midnight at EVOLUTION, the city’s first International Gay New Year’s Eve celebration, at the swank, modern Havana Nightclub at Tropicana. The officiant for the wedding is going to be a surprise guest.
Four couples will be chosen to win:
- Complimentary VIP admission to EVOLUTION for the couple and four of their friends
- Dinner for two at Bacio at Tropicana
- Wedding ceremony performed in front of over 1,000 people
- Complimentary champagne wedding toast for your party
- Group photos with Jujubee and Raven from Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- Marriage license fees
Sound good? Enter to win your wedding now! Hurry, contest closes December 17, 2014.