Searching for the perfect Vegas wedding venue? Little Vegas Wedding has got you covered with the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue Guide!
DISCOVERY Children’s Museum
360 Promenade Place, Las Vegas | 702.382.3445
Capacity: Up to 1,000 | Indoor Sites Only (The Smith Center nearby has outdoor courtyard and park space, however) | Hosts: Ceremonies + Receptions
Find Discovery Children’s Museum on Twitter | Facebook
Just the Deets
Definitely different, the Discovery Children’s Museum is an offbeat, one-of-a-kind choice when it comes to spaces for your Vegas wedding. It’s perfect for the young at heart and whimsical couples, as it’s a three-story museum packed with crazy colors, imaginative displays and interactive exhibits promoting science, art and culture.
The venue best suited to hosting wedding ceremonies is likely Fantasy Festival, a theatre-style event with a stage for puppet shows you can get married on. Receptions are best in the 5,000 square foot Traveling Exhibit Hall. However, the entire museum is available for customization and the special events staff will work with you to find the best set-up for you.Â A full museum buyout is $10,000 and can hold up to 1,000 guests, for a five hour event.
- A very one-of-a-kind experience, and that’s saying something in Las Vegas!
- The venue just opened in 2013 and not many weddings have been held there yet so there is an exclusivity to it
- On top of the space, also included are: standard house lighting, 5′ round banquet tables Â and standard ceremony chairs as available
- Excellent photo taking opportunities not only in the museum, but nearby in downtown Las Vegas, at The Smith Center and Symphony Park or in the arts district
- Due to constraints on food and beverage licenses, you must use preferred vendors if you wish to serve food or liquor on the property. Vendors include Masterpiece Cuisine, Art of Catering by Vic Vegas, Divine Events andÂ Liquid Courage and but are subject to change. Check with Discovery for the latest list
- All decorations must be freestanding with no pins, nails, staples or tapes of any kind are permitted on any walls or floors inside DISCOVERY Children’s Museum. No birdseed, glitter or confetti and no pyrotechnics, haze/smoke/fog effects or decorative open flame (candles) are permissible
- On the other hand, you won’t need much decoration. The space really is amazing!
All photos courtesy DISCOVERY Children’s Museum.