Welcome to another edition of Sunday Funday – a round up of the best in Vegas wedding news and links, plus someÂ beautiful stuff from the rest of the wide world web of weddings!
So wedding season has once again begun to pick up in Las Vegas – seems like many of the cake shops, florists, officiants, planners and especially photographers have been busy as the weather cools down. Can’t wait to see what this season holds in store! (Meanwhile, I got my wish and there was a light dusting of snow in my area this week – yay!)
Â»Â Vegas Wedding News + LinksÂ Â»
- The Tropicana has unveiled two new venues for weddings and receptions. I’m a fan of the modern revamp at this classic Strip hotel, and these venues are gorgeous! Pictured above: the Havana Room withÂ custom banquette-seating areas, three full-service bars, a dark wood dance floor and premium audio-visual technology, plus that stunning chandelier! There is also a pool side outdoor venue, Beach Club.Â Read more about the new venues.
- This article is a little bit older, but still interesting, about the state of weddings in Vegas: Saying I do: Trend is down, but wedding chapels still thrive
- Four Seasons Las Vegas announced on Facebook that they are now partnering with The Smith Center to provide catering for events in the art deco venue.
- To promote a new gambling themed movie he’s in, Justin Timberlake had a segment on The Today Show this week, and it included a section where Matt Lauer and him get hitched by Elvis at the Classico Chapel at Caesars Palace. It was cute!
- The big Vegas news of last week was Britney Spears finally announcing her long rumored Vegas residency. Although entertainment nor Britney Spears news are not really in the scope of information provided on this blog,Â Britney’s quickie Vegas weddingÂ makes this list of most memorable Vegas moments for her.
- Former Miss World 1997 and Indian actress turned author Diana Hayden wed Collin Dick, at the Las Vegas Country ClubÂ on September 13. Dick is a Vegas local who now works for an NGO that advocatesÂ family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention in India.
- Lucky in Love? Martin and Sarah Layton, a U.K. couple wed in Las Vegas last week were the 10 millionth visitors to the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas – and won a free week long trip to ParisÂ for it! Nice honeymoon scoop – and great luck!
- This week’s popular pin
Â»Â Upcoming Bridal Shows, Open Houses + EventsÂ Â»
* Please note most events require an RSVP, click the links for full information. Bolded events are new to the calendar this week
- Open House and Bridal Workshops atÂ The Lake Club, TODAY September 22
- Open House atÂ Bearâ€™s Best Golf Course, TODAY September 22
- Open House atÂ Bahama Breeze Island Grille, September 29
- Mina Oliveâ€™s Spring Collection Fashion ShowÂ at MJ Christensen (Boca Park Location) on October 3
- Open House atÂ Westin Lake Las Vegas, November 3
- Beautiful Bride Expo, November 16 at Tropicana
- please email your event to kelly AT littlevegaswedding DOT com
Â»Â More Link LoveÂ Â»
- A fabulous, fun, O.T.T.Â burlesque and Drag King weddingÂ (pictured above) It’s gotta retro Vegas style going on – lovin’ it!
- Love the idea of a flower potluck – would make a great bridal shower concept, right?
- Ahead of the trend ideas for your wedding. Some are misses, but I do love the 3D Polaroid photo booth frame and video guestbook booth!
- Gorgeous Sri Lankan wedding full of pretty
- Intimate waterfall vows in a rainforest for this eloping couple
- An 1800s themed Klondiker wedding
- The palette is so beautiful at this Ohio farm wedding
- I’m almost over balloons in engagement photos, but love the bright red of these ones
- A very real surreal wedding
- Moon + stars themed barn wedding
- Incorporating monograms into your wedding day
- Foxes and owls and deer – oh my! Lovely stationery for a forest wedding
- A wedding cake that hides…Gotham City?