Glittering Gold Rustic Wedding Inspiration Shoot by Emily Ku
Another Thursday, another Throwback! Today’s post is focused on styled shoots. What’s a styled shoot? Well, let’s not beat around the bush – it’s a fake wedding!
Often starring models and occasionally real couples, styled shoots are mini-weddings set up to bring amazing ideas, details and concepts to life. These faux weddings are full of inspiration and ideas (often over the top for effect) that you can pull into your wedding or event. They are some of my favorite posts to share on the blog!
I like to think of styled shoots like haute couture fashion. Some of the concepts are really out there because of the wild creativity and abilities of the photographers, stylists and vendors working on them. But the real venues, real ideas, real props and themes are ripe for incorporation into your event, much like how high fashion trickles down into the everyday from the runway. After all, we aren’t all walking around dressed head to toe like Lady Gaga … but a Gaga-esque necklace or heels might be nice to wear.
Blah blah blah, let’s get started! There are so many fabulous styled shoots for you to see…
Details from a Southwestern Cowboy + Girl Inspired Wedding Shoot by Taylored Photo Memories
- A Hip Blue + Gold Hued Reception at the Barrymore (Part 1 + Part 2) styled by Scheme Events
- Turquoise Tinted Springs Preserve Inspiration Shoot Based on “The Aviator“ via Chelsea Nicole Photography
- Out of This World “Star Wars” Themed Styled Shoot via Meg Ruth Photography (amazing DIY details)
- Candy Colored Desert Dream Shoot via Emily Ku (styled by Meg Ruth) The ombre cake by Gimme Some Sugar STILL has me gasping for air it’s so gorgeous
- Southwestern Ranch Faux Desert Wedding (with real horses) via Taylored Photo Memories
“English Garden” Meets Desert Bridal Portraits by Gaby J Photography
- Red “East Meets West” Styled Wedding styled by Green Orchid Events (photography by Chelsea Nicole)
- French Wedding Inspired by “Les Miserables“ photography by Emma + Josh
- “English Garden” Meets Desert Vintage Bridal Portraits via Gaby J Photography
- Valley of Fire Inspired Wedding with Desert Colors and Vintage Details styled by Scheme Events (photography by Brushfire Photography)
- Vintage-Rustic Desert Wedding Inspiration via Maple Hill Photography (styling by Blue Dandelion Photography)
- This last one isn’t a throwback, in fact it’s very recent. Have you seen the Mina Olive candy bride around Vegas? via Adam Trujillo
Looking for even more “faux” wedding inspiration? Check these posts out!
See you next Thursday!