Historic Fifth Street School
401 South 4th Street, Las Vegas | 702.229.6469
Capacity: Up to 400 | Indoor + Outdoor Sites Available | Hosts: Ceremonies + Receptions
Just the Deets
As you can gather, we love historic, unusual and unique venues here at Little Vegas Wedding. Today’s venue spotlight is no exception!
The Historic 5th Street School is located in downtown Las Vegas. Built in 1936 and originally called Las Vegas Grammar School, this Mission-style building truly is historic, serving as a school for many years before being repurposed as as a courthouse annex and police station, among other things. The building has claimed spots on both the National Register of Historic Places and the city of Las Vegas Historic Property Register and is one of the only remaining buildings of this style in the city.
Renovations saw it return to its roots and become a home to a number of educational programs for the Nevada School of Arts and UNLV. But it also became a super cool spot to hold events with additions for a catering kitchen and upgrades to the building’s infrastructure, like electricity.
The stucco, clay roof tiles and long low building with numerous arches ringing a courtyard make it a very picturesque and rustic spot for events and functions, including wedding ceremonies and receptions.
The courtyards, auditorium, gallery space and conference rooms are all available for rental. The adjacent 16,000 sq.ft. Centennial Plaza is also available. The auditorium hosts 240 banquet style, 400 reception for $2,250. The gallery hosts 160 banquet style, 200 reception for $1,000. The Frank Wright Memorial courtyard hosts up to 200 reception style for $750, with other courtyards for $250, and Centennial Plaza hosts up to 400 reception style for $1,000.
This wedding at 5th Street School photographed by Emily Ku REALLY highlights how well the space can be used.
- The downtown location crossed with the historical aspect is a wonderful combination
- The auditorium has a wooden floor, perfect for dancing
- That courtyard! Can’t you just imagine the bistro lights and long tables?
- Parking may be an issue, with limited spots at the school and metered parking more prevalent in the streets surrounding it
- Insurance, liquor licenses and other approvals may be required
- There are no rentals allowed on Sundays and all rentals must conclude by 10pm
- You will likely want to hire a planner to help set up and use the space most effectively
- The weather may be an issue if you use the courtyard spaces, especially during very hot months
Real Weddings at Historic Fifth Street School
- Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue Guide: Historic Fifth Street School
- Romantic Evening Wedding at Historic Fifth Street School from Amberlight Collective
- Quaint Courtyard Wedding at Historic Fifth Street School | Susie and Will
- Kerry and Manny’s Rockin’ 5th Street School Wedding by Mindy Bean Photography
- Bohemian Wedding at Historic Fifth Street School from gaby j photography
Searching for the perfect venue for your Las Vegas wedding? Be sure to check out the other posts in the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue series, or peruse the Vegas Wedding Venue Directory!