Gorgeous handwritten typefaces on custom chalkboards (Image: The Wooden Trunk Las Vegas)
First of all, Happy Fourth of July, US readers!
I guess we can say it is truly the peak of summer now. That got me thinking about how I would spend these precious weeks in July and August, so I’m going to take a breather on posting real weddings on Thursdays. Perhaps you are familiar with the concept of Throwback Thursday or #tbt – it’s popular on all the usual social media suspects like Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and so on. So for Thursdays this summer, that concept will be coming to the blog!
So on Thursdays I’ll be digging back in the archives and resharing older posts on Little Vegas Wedding, but also and the websites of Las Vegas photographers, planners and vendors, all with a particular theme. There are so many new readers here at the blog, I thought it would be a great way to showcase some great past content on my site, and others!
Today’s theme? Fonts & Typefaces…
- When I think typefaces, I think designers. And when I think designers, I think Brooke and Michael Coxen, who I paid a studio visit to in this post: Tour Las Vegas’s Exceptional Stationery Studio, Paper and Home
- If you’re a fan of retro fonts, check out this Pinterest board of various vintage fonts suitable for a Vegas wedding
- Totally digging on the southwestern feel of the fonts by Snoack Studios for this ranch styled wedding shoot by Taylored Photo Memories
- 7 Unexpected Las Vegas Wedding Invitations featured typeface heavy DIY wedding invite designs
- Chalkboards are even more charming when done up with handwritten fonts like the ones above, by The Wooden Trunk!
- Finally, purple and grey font-heavy invitations by Paper and Home for a wedding at M Resort from the team at Scheme Events
See you next Thursday for another Throwback!