For couples lucky enough to stay at Cosmopolitan, you know it’s the right amount of sexy and chic with romantic and intimate, making it perfect for a romantic getaway, honeymoon or, in the case of today’s couple, a vow renewal.
Damon and Alemnesh celebrated 10 years together with an Elvis renewal followed by a cake cutting and Champagne celebration with their closest loved ones in a stunning wraparound terrace suite. There were little thank you bags with hangover recovery kits for guests and sweet treats, too, all in a classic red and black palette. They went for a fun theme with little reminders of The Hangover around the suite. Can you spot all of the references?
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Clivabeth Photography
CEREMONY VENUE .
RECEPTION VENUE . Wraparound Terrace Suite, Cosmopolitan
WEDDING DESIGN . Tracey Thomas / FLORAL . Elizabeth Dantus / CATERING . Cosmopolitan / DESSERTS . The Pink Cupcake LV / BRIDAL FASHION . dress – Oleg Cassini, shoes – Betsey Johnson – / HAIR . Lacy, Salon Couture, styling by Perla at VaVoom Studio / MAKEUP . MAC Cosmetics / NAILS . Mikal at BeLoved Nails 365
Elopements are magical on their own, bringing a sense of intimacy and ocean of emotions. Karolina and Ross, today’s couple, eloped in Las Vegas a few years ago as Ross prepared to deploy.
These high school lovebirds celebrated again, three years later, with a marriage blessing and vow renewal at Joan of Arc Catholic Church and Venetian, in front of their friends and family. The mix of Old World charm and classic Italian architecture and gardens at the hotel appealed to the couple, Karolina especially.
A ballroom bubbling over with blooms designed by Naakiti Floral and event design from Andrea Eppolito brought the evening together in such an elegant European fashion. I am especially enchanted by the traditions and customs they wove into their day. From Polish toasts to serving dessert first to their guests at the banquet, life (and love) is sweet for these two.
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Meg Ruth Photo
CEREMONY VENUE . Joan of Arc Catholic Church
RECEPTION VENUE . Venetian Resort & Casino
WEDDING PLANNER . Andrea Eppolito Events / FLORAL . Naakiti Floral / CAKE . Peridot Sweets / BRIDAL FASHION . dress – Eve of Milady, shoes – Betsey Johnson / HAIR + MAKEUP . Makeup in the 702 / BRIDESMAIDS . Alfred Angelo / GROOMSWEAR . Men’s Wearhouse / DESIGN + DECOR . Sit on This Decor Rentals / ENTERTAINMENT . DJ Mike Fox & Co.
There are a lot of reasons to love vow renewals. I, of course, especially love Vegas vow renewals. They’re a fresh, fun reminder of your love. And for many couples, it’s a relaxed way to relive a bit of the wedding day magic, with a lot less stress!
Jennifer and Keifer flew to Vegas from Nashville and spent the day doing all sorts of Vegas-y things, from staying in an oh-so-gorgeous Cosmopolitan suite to visiting DTLV including a stop by the Graceland Wedding Chapel for their vow renewal. Love that they involved four of their closest friends in the fun-filled day. (How adorable are the vow renewal M&Ms?!)
Okay, don’t you totally want a fringed dress now? Or a red smoking jacket?!
More from Kirsten Tyrrel, the photographer:
The couple decided on their wedding day that they would take the trip to Vegas to renew their vows on their 10th anniversary. They held true to that plan and flew out from Nashville, TN to party with 4 close friends, Vegas style! From her designer gown to his jacket reminiscent of vintage Elvis, this was one of the most glamorous couples on the strip that night! We hit all the popular places, starting inside their hotel room at Cosmopolitan Hotel, went on to the Bellagio water show, the Neon Boneyard, Fremont Street, and ended at the Graceland Chapel where they privately renewed their vows. In between we had fun riding in the largest limo the company owned and the party never stopped! Jennifer and Keifer were such a fun loving couple with no interest in super posed shots. They wanted all the fun captured- and we had a great time celebrating their love!
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Kirsten Tyrrel Photography
VOW RENEWAL VENUE . Graceland Wedding Chapel
Although I feature so many amazing weddings on LVW, behind the photos sometimes there are tales of drama and stories that will be told for years to come. Sudden illness; bad weather (or bad vendors); weddings that did not go off perfectly; surprise events that caused what is meant to be a dream day go wrong. But, behind every cloud is a silver lining, because many of these couples get to have a wedding do-over, like today’s couple, Kristyn and Jay.
The day before their original wedding (in Miami) their car was broken into while they were doing pre-wedding photos with their photographer. The photographer’s equipment was stolen, as were wedding rings, family heirloom jewelry, clothes for the weekend, custom wedding sneakers, timelines, paperwork, purse, wallet and more. The couple persevered, even though the bandits were never caught and the wedding went off with the help of friends and family.
So how does Vegas tie in? The bride had entered a contest from Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority to win an “I Do Redo” on the High Roller in Las Vegas for 12/13/14 and they won! Included in the $14,000 prize were flights and accommodation for them and five friends, the ceremony and more, including: a rehearsal dinner at Joel Robuchon, beauty treatments at the Salon at Vdara, a Richard Petty Driving Experience for the gents and a post-wedding dinner at LAVO Italian Restaurant at The Palazzo and VIP table seating at TAO Nightclub at The Venetian.
Can you think of a more deserving couple? Many couples choose to get married on specially numbered days to increase their luck, but seems like Kristyn and Jay’s luck is already on an upswing.
More from the photographer, Lindsay Collette
Climbing high into the air (550 ft!), Kristyn and Jay exchanged their vows in front of a group of their nearest and dearest … and a full news crew! During the ceremony, Jay surprised Kristyn with a replica of the heirloom ring which was stolen in Miami. The entire pod was in tears!
More champagne, more cheers, more food. When we came down from the High Roller, we celebrated at LAVO with a truly magnificent meal before we were whisked away to TAO Nightclub to celebrate in style with bottle service and VIP status.
The entire experience was out of control, and for sure a once-in-a-lifetime happening. We are so grateful for Visit Las Vegas for this trip.
VENDOR + VENUE DETAILS :
PHOTOGRAPHER . Lindsay Collette Photography
CEREMONY VENUE . High Roller Observation Wheel at LINQ
REHEARSAL DINNER . Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand
RECEPTION VENUE . LAVO Restaurant + Lounge at Palazzo
AFTERPARTY VENUE . TAO Nightclub at Venetian
CAKE + DESSERT TABLE . Wonderland Bakery and Joel Robuchon / HAIR + MAKEUP . Salon Vdara
Little Vegas Wedding is kicking off 2015 with an incredible wedding contest, y’all! I won’t waste any time before jumping into the awesomeness of today’s wedding giveaway. You probably already know about the amazingly stylish and retro-mod Vegas weddings that Flora Pop provides judging by the number of emails I get about them. But now it’s your chance to win one!
Flora Pop combines the convenience of a Strip chapel wedding with all the modern style and customization that you wish the chapels had. Victoria Hogan, the floral designer and officiant behind Flora Pop shows up to your wedding with “The Teardrop” in tow.
This retro-fantastic trailer modelled after a 1950′s Kenskill creates a beautiful backdrop for your spontaneous, stylish Vegas wedding. It even comes complete with custom neon signage (reading “Sure”) for the perfect finishing touch and just the right amount of Vegas cheese.
Victoria and Flora Pop specialize in intimate, modern weddings in places where such a wedding would not normally be possible, like the retro backdrop of classic downtown Vegas motels or the quiet beauty of the desert.
They provide a personalized wedding ceremony package for you as a couple, setting you up with floral design, wedding photography, an officiant and even post-ceremony celebratory doughnuts, all in a stylish setting. Their pop-up weddings combine the fun of an impulsive elopement with contemporary design that will allow you to show your personality as a couple.
Flora Pop is also very excited that Nevada now allows same-sex marriage and is open to marrying all couples. If you are seeking a vintage-style elopement that is a little more customized, a Flora Pop wedding may be for you!
Flora Pop has very generously offered to give away a stylized wedding ceremony for one couple and up to two guests at a secret location in Las Vegas.
If you have been dreaming about deliciously modern Vegas elopement, now is your chance to have one planned for you, for free! What’s included in the Flora Pop prize wedding package valued at approximately $1,700?
- A wedding ceremony at a surprise location in Las Vegas chosen by Flora Pop and gaby j photography, with up to two guests
- A minister to provide your intimate outdoor wedding ceremony and exchange of vows
- Teardrop trailer as an altar and for photo opportunities
- A bouquet of fresh flowers for the bride and boutonniere for the groom designed by Flora Pop (or, as same-sex marriage is now legal in Nevada, two bouquets and two boutonnieres, as required!)
- One hour of photography coverage of the ceremony from gaby j photography
- Celebratory doughnuts from Pink Box Doughnuts
All you would need to provide is transportation to Las Vegas and accommodations if necessary, a valid marriage license, your wedding day outfits and hair and makeup if desired.
Please send an email to kelly AT littlevegaswedding DOT com with answers to the following questions before January 16, 2014:
- Bride and groom’s full first and last names
- The city you live in
- Contact info: phone number and email address
- How you met one another
- Why you want a Vegas wedding
- The date you would prefer
- Why a Flora Pop wedding is perfect for you!
Contest Rules + Regulations:
- Contest closes: Midnight (ET) on January 16, 2014. Entrants must answer the supplied questions via email before then.
- This contest is open to international entrants, however any travel fees to Las Vegas are the responsibility of the couple and their guests.
- The winning wedding date must take place between January 19 2015 and June 30 2015. Date and prize subject to availability.
- Couple marrying must both be over the age of 21.
- Wedding location will be determined by Victoria Hogan of Flora Pop and Gaby of gaby j photography.
- The couple marrying will need to provide the following things themselves: transportation to Las Vegas, a marriage license, their wedding day attire and hair and makeup.
- Winner will be chosen at random from the entries received and notified via email within a week of contest closing date.
- Copyright of publicity will belong to gaby j photography and Flora Pop. Wedding photos may be featured on wedding blogs and sites in the future.
- Flora Pop reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value should the prize be unavailable. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and there is no cash value.
- Photography includes all photos edited, retouched on a disc including copyrights. Sharing on social media is permitted but cannot be sold to a third party. Winning couple will receive photos 6 to 8 weeks post-ceremony.
- Package includes: transportation to and from Las Vegas to the wedding site for the couple and two guests, one hour of wedding photography, flowers, minister, doughnuts. Total prize value: approximately $1,700.
All photos by gaby j photography