Every Monday this year we are highlighting a unique Vegas wedding venue in the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Guide! Today a little Western town known by many names is featured: Eldorado Canyon, Nelson Ghost Town, Nelson’s Landing and Techatticup Mine may ring a bell.
Highway 165, Nelson, NV | 702.608.0699 Capacity: Up to 50 | Indoor + Outdoor Sites Available | Hosts: Ceremonies + Small Receptions
Find City Weddings on Twitter @cityweddingtour and Facebook
Eldorado Canyon is a unique venue that will appeal to those of you seeking a rustic, vintage style Vegas wedding. This former gold mine is whimsically Western and includes a good dose of nature and style of the late 1800s. Eldorado offers desert landscape and the beautiful cholla cacti amongst the collection of vintage vehicles, antiques, abandoned buildings…even a crashed airplane! The photo opportunities are endless and can be customized to match your personal style. It’s an extremely unique venue for untraditional weddings near Las Vegas.
It is possible to independently set up your wedding at Eldorado Canyon, however this can be stressful for destination couples as Nelson is about 45 minutes drive from Las Vegas, and is minimal when it comes to facilities. Doing a DIY wedding here can be a lot of work. I get many questions about using this venue for weddings and elopements, so thought I would ask City Weddings, a company who is truly an expert when it comes to Eldorado Canyon weddings, to tell us a bit about their weddings at this fantastic venue.
City Weddings provides affordable all-inclusive packages at Eldorado for elopements and small weddings, and can make sure your wedding goes smoothly and easily. No small feat for what is effectively an authentic abandoned mining town in the desert! Their packages include transportation for up to 50 guests, photography, a minister and ceremony and even a small post-ceremony celebration package before you head back to the glittering lights of Las Vegas.
Venue Options at Eldorado Canyon
The Main Barn, Cactus Barn and Cactus Garden are the three most popular venues for weddings in this western desert town. For those looking for an intimate lofty feel that is protected from the elements of the desert, the Main Barn is likely best option. There are countless areas for unique photography and exploring around the property, so be brave and adventurous!
Pricing + Catering
The elopement package for two, including a limo ride to Eldorado Canyon, photographer for 2.5 hours and 50 edited images, a minister, site permit, Champagne toast, all filing of marriage paperwork is priced at $1,490. Each additional guest is $25.
For larger weddings, a party bus for 18, a photographer for 3.5 hours and 50 edited images, minister, site permit, burlap aisle runner, chairs and a refreshment package with Champagne toast, soft drinks, peanuts and cupcakes is priced at $2,770. Each additional guest is $25, up to a maximum of 50.
- There is no electricity for a sound system, but this would be a perfect opportunity to use an acoustic guitarist
- As with most desert environments, dehydration is a factor and you should keep the season and associated temperatures in mind when booking
- There are environment hazards around this authentic desert town: nails, glass, and cactus abound, so appropriate shoes are necessary
- Restroom facilities are available
- If you choose to independently book the venue for your wedding and reception, you should know there is no on-site kitchen, and you would have to bring in everything via truck if you wanted to have a larger reception: rented chairs, tables, staffing and so on. It’s a challenging venue and help is definitely recommended. Read about DIY weddings at Eldorado Canyon
- This is the Vegas of the Old West, and is a great experience to see off Strip locations, providing more unique and fun opportunities for you and your guests
- Fall and spring offer the ideal desert temperatures for weddings, with sunset having the best lighting
Real Weddings, Engagements and Photo Shoots at Eldorado Canyon
Searching for the perfect venue for your Las Vegas wedding? Be sure to check out the other posts in the Ultimate Vegas Wedding Venue series, or peruse the Vegas Wedding Venue Directory!
This post was sponsored by City Weddings and features their photography.